Learn about Dr. Smith
Dr. Smith strives to provide compassionate, evidence based neurosurgical
care to his patients incorporating the latest technical advancments in
the field. He was recipient of the Covenant Health System 2010 Award for
- Movement Disorders Surgery
- Cranial base approaches and applications for complex intracranial aneurysms.
Involved in the development of vascular neurosurgery service at Covenant
Medical Center since 1995.
- Multimodality treatment of skull base neoplasms. Developed first skull
base surgery program in West Texas.
- Multimodality treatment of trigeminal neuralgia.
- Image guided intracranial tumor resection.
- Neurosurgical treatment of movement disorders. Currently have third largest
neurosurgical movement disorder practice in Texas.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery in the treatment of intracranial neoplasms, arteriovenous
malformation, and trigeminal neuralgia.
- Instrumental in development of the first stereotactic radiosurgery program
in West Texas.