Covenant Health Medical Group Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA
Covenant Health adheres to the requirements outlined by the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA"), which ensures
the security and privacy of an individual's medical records and promotes
privacy and trust between patients and their healthcare providers.
We encourage you to read our Notice of Privacy Practice to find out what
types of data are collected and how we protect that data.
WHO DOES THIS NOTICE APPLY TO?
As an affiliated member of St. Joseph Health System and Covenant Health
System we, along with other affiliated members of St. Joseph Health System
and Covenant Health System, participate in the St. Joseph Health and Covenant
Health Organized Health Care Arrangement (OHCA) in order to share medical
information to manage joint operational activities. A list of the OHCA’s
affiliated members, also known as care partners (“Care Partners”),
is available at http://www.stjhs.org/OurNetwork. A paper copy is also
available upon request. The privacy practices in this notice will be followed by:
- Care Partners of the OHCA (i.e., hospitals, skilled nursing facilities,
community clinics and physician groups).
- Physicians and allied health professionals having staff privileges participating
in the OHCA, in connection with hospital-based episodes of care (i.e.
medical staff at hospitals).
- All departments and units of a Care Partner participating in the OHCA.
- Any member of a volunteer group that is authorized by a Care Partner participating
in the OHCA.
- All employees, staff and other personnel of a Care Partner participating
in the OHCA.
- Any business associate of a Care Partner with whom members of the OHCA
share medical information.